Jennifer Prestwich has given us a December challenge, and has created a new group to pull it all together. Read on, and see if this appeals to you. I'm in--hope to see you there, too.
Are you up for a Challenge?
We've all heard that December can be a real dud. Sellers often take their houses off the market for "the holidays", thinking it will just be too much hassle to have people traipsing through their home on Christmas Eve (the nerve!), despite the fact that those buyers who are shopping are usually in a pretty good position to be doing so. Studies show that these buyers are more serious, are pre-qualified, and have a timeline they are pretty strict about.
But it's not always easy to find them. And you can't force your sellers to keep their home on the market.
So where is your business going to be come January? Enter the Challenge.
December has 31 days- yes, including Hanukkah, Christmas Eve and Day, and New Year's Eve. And probably some other holidays I haven't thought of.
For the month of December, I CHALLENGE you to do 31 things to further your business. One per day. Every day. (you didn't think I'd let you skip the holidays did you?)
This might be a blog post, facebook note, tweet, text, phone call or email. It could be a newsletter, event, or postcard. You get the idea!
The idea is that you will do something every day to further your business. Come 2011, you will be WAY ahead of your competition, and poised to take the New Year by storm.
Who's with me? (If there is a lot of interest, maybe AR will BONUS us POINTS!) Let me know how you are doing, I cannot wait to share our ideas, successes, setbacks and triumphs.
Hey everyone! I just created a group called "31 Days of December Challenge". Please join the group so we can all keep track of those fantastic ideas and ways of building our December and beyond! Can't wait to see your posts- please post at least 3 times a week. I am still awaiting word on whether we will get bonus points.
*** OK, WE'VE GOT THE GREEN LIGHT! A few ground rules:
- Do SOMETHING everyday! It can be as big as a mass mailing, or as little as a text to a client or prospect. Just DO SOMETHING!
- Join 31 Days of December Challenge Group and Post what you have done. It's ok if you skip a day or two of POSTING, as long as you are staying true to the Challenge. When you post, just list what you have done!
- Please post at least FIVE TIMES a week! This way if you are traveling you can have a day of posting grace, but you'd better get right back out there!
- IF YOU DIDN'T START DEC 1 YOU STILL HAVE TIME!!!! Did you do something for your business yesterday? Post it along with what you did today!
- Email Kerrie when you have completed it. She's the deciding vote, so BE SURE TO KEEP POSTING :)
- HAVE FUN. THAT'S AN ORDER!
Jennifer Prestwich, REALTOR®
Your Castle Real Estate