"We have an important decision to make: We can choose to let go of our old habits and embrace the new opportunities that social media and the Internet are presenting, or we can choose to do nothing. If you choose to do nothing, then please don’t expect the world to wait for you. The longer you wait to embrace this new realm, the harder it will be to catch up with your competition."
-----------Ben Kinney, Soci@l e-book, with Jay Papasan
I started reading the e-book Soci@l a week ago, and near the end of the introduction the above paragraph jumped out at me and hit me with its truth. The statistics are overwhelming, and you only need to look around to see how the younger generations act and behave in regards to social media and technology to see the change.
- I learned a few years ago that my teenage granddaughter wasn't being rude by ignoring my phone messages. I needed to text her and she'd respond immediately - that's the normal way for her generation.
- I watch her making Skype calls on her computer, with the camera turned on. Normal.
- My younger clients set up conference calls on their cell phones. Normal.
- Documents are scanned and emailed instead of being faxed. Normal.
- People ask for and receive advice and referrals on Facebook, Twitter, blogs. Normal.
- Photos are uploaded and shared with the world. Normal.
"embrace the new opportunities" is what is asked of us today and given to us today. New opportunities don't erase our core values and the principles we cherish, rather they allow us new avenues to expand. Instead of being afraid of change, why not think of change the way Dr. Pritchett does ----
Soci@l by written by Ben Kinney with Jay Papasan, helps us see the gift of change, and how to use it to enrich our lives and connect more effectively with others.
This blog post is a review of Soci@l: Attract Friends, Followers and Connections to Your Business. Soci@l is a free download written by Ben Kinney in conjunction with ActiveRain and Jay Papasan. In exchange for downloading the free copy of Soci@l and writing this review, I have a chance to win a free iPad and I'm getting 2000 ActiveRain points.