Snapshot of the condo/townhouse market San Carlos, California
My last post addressed the single-family home market in San Carlos California. Now we'll take a look at condos and townhouses in San Carlos, and how market activity in July 2010 compares with that in July 2009.
For condominiums and townhomes:
- Home inventory has increased substantially. There were 43 condos or townhomes for sale in July 2010; only 26 for sale in July 2009
- Number of closed sales is similar. 7 closed in 2010; 6 in 2009
- Average days on market dropped significantly: 56 days average in 2010; 93 days in 2009
- Average sales price dropped decisively: $544,714 in 2010; $604,083 in 2009 - an decreased of approximately 10%
- Percent of list price received: 99.01% in 2010; 95.94% in 2009 (Sellers are understanding the market and what is needed to sell a condo today.)
These figures were taken from data in our Multiple Listing Service. August statistics will be available soon and will be posted then.