Snapshot of single family home sales in Belmont, California
Comparing what took place in the market in July, 2010 (the latest month for which statistics are available) with July, 2009 provides a fascinating glimpse of reality in the Belmont, California, housing market.
For single-family homes:
- Home inventory is up approximately 25%. There were 71 homes for sale in July 2010; only 57 for sale in July 2009
- Number of closed sales is lower. 19 homes closed in 2010; 24 in 2009
- Average days on market dropped: 27 days average in 2010; 34 days in 2009
- Average sales price approximately the same: $916,368 in 2010; $914,650 in 2009
- Percent of list price received is also similar: 100.69% in 2010; 97.72% in 2009.
As you can see, the most significant change is in the number of properties on the market. Homes are selling, but pricing and presentation are key.
These figures were taken from data in our Multiple Listing Service. August statistics will be available soon and will be posted then.