A story about listing and selling 835 Woodhams Oaks Place, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Proper Preparation + Proper Pricing + Proper Marketing + Proper Presentation = One Delighted Seller and One Happy Buyer!
- 10/21/12 - signed listing agreement. Proper preparation undertaken (all disclosures and reports obtained, including HOA docs; interior painted; staging done; garden patio tidied, pruned and planted; professional photographer in; 'coming soon' campaign instituted)
- 11/5/12 - revisited competition, recent sales. Proper pricing strategy discussed again
- 11/6/12 - listed on the MLS. Marketing intensifies (mailers out; advertising in place; blogging continues; e-mail blasts; flyers prepared and distributed)
- 11/8/12 - Presentation and Marketing continue with hosted Brokers' tour, 9:30-1:00 PM
- 11/10/12 & 11/11/12 - Public Open Houses from 1:00 - 4:00 each day - over 100 groups through both days
- 11/9-13/12 - Showings continue via keysafe and buyers' agents; numerous telephone calls ensued
- 11/14/12 - Offers reviewed; some faxed in; some presented to me and the seller by the buyers' agents.
- 11/14/12 - evening - One offer chosen and accepted by seller; contract formed
- 12/19/12 - sale recorded. One delighted seller; one happy buyer.
PS: About the "Proper Pricing" It's imperative that you work with a Realtor® who understands the nuances of your particular market segment and place. Don't be mislead by what you might see online.
- Zillow's Zestimate: $383,154.
- List Price: $449,000.
- Sales Price: $510,000 (more than 13% over list price; more than 33% over the Zestimate.)
As I said, one delighted seller.
Let me know if I can help you achieve your real estate dreams.