Halloween safety tips for Trick-or-Treaters are shared widely, and rightly so. It's an exciting evening for youngsters and they need reminders about safety while they are out having fun.
Halloween presents some safety concern for homeowners, too.
- Keep your home and yard safe for trick-or-treaters. Remove garden hoses, toys, bikes and other trip hazards
- Sweep leaves away from sidewalks
- Place jack-o-lanterns up off the ground so that children's costumes won't come in contact with the flames.
- Better yet, use a battery-operated "candle" to avoid all chance of fire danger
- Lighting is important--have the porch light on, and lights along the walkways, too.
- Pets need special consideration--it's a good time to invite them inside with you!
- Finally, be aware of your neighborhood; keep an eye out to discourage poor behavior; encourage motorists to slow down.
Wishing you all a safe and fun Halloween!