November - it's raining leaves in San Carlos, in Palo Alto,
and up and down the Peninsula.
Did you know that in the Fall, street sweepers collect 240% more debris than during the rest of the year (per the City of Palo alto Public Works Department?)
Simple ways we can help keep our streets clean and keep litter of our our creeks and bay:
- park you car off the street on your designated street sweeping day
- keep leaves and yard trimmings off the street - reduce the slip hazard
- during rainy periods, rake leaves off storm drain grates to prevent flooding
- put yard trimmings in your green cart - no piles in the street
- start a compost pile in your yard - good for your garden, good for the environment
Our rainy season is coming, so let's be prepared and take care of the November leaf fall.