Thanksgiving is just days away, and it's time for this Realtor to start to plan!
Last week I received the following invitation from my daughter:
This Thanksgiving I will be happy to host you for a multiple course tasting affair so please bring your appetite and voting prowess.
We will be featuring two selections of most traditional menu items and voting for your favorites. Only white turkey breast will be served. I do have a few requests:
- Please bring your appetite and plan for a lengthy meal, no need to rush through the food.
- As with any tasting it is highly recommended to sip and savor, discuss the components and then vote for your favorite in each course.
- I do plan on a few activities for us to pass the time, so please come with open minds and willing attitudes.
- I can use a bit of help. Credense is planning the appetizer, one side and a dessert. Gene--will you bring your famed sweet potatoes? Mom/Rach--anything you are interested in making/bringing? We could use a veggie or apple pie.
- Wine and sparkling water will be supplied; please bring any other festive beverages you prefer."
Now, how is that for raising the anticipation level?
I'll bring some Brussels sprouts and broccoli, favorites in our family. I know how I like to fix them -- plain and simple.
Here's where you can help:
Do you have either a favorite broccoli or Brussels sprouts recipe you care to share? I could use some ideas for the vote casting.