Friday the 13th.....does that conjure up scary thoughts to you?
Bad luck, perhaps?
Yesterday was Friday the 13th, and here's a synopsis how it played out for me:
- Up at 5:30 as usual; responded to emails; did a blog post about using social media
- Composed and send out my monthly email blast about life in San Francisco
- Breakfasted, showered, dressed and out the door by 8:30
- Met 2 agents to receive offers on my Foster City condo listing (both great; one superb)
- Met with the sellers to discuss; wrote counter (instead of a 10-day close, my clients needed more time since they are doing a 1031-exchange)
- Showed the sellers a property they wanted to see as a possible up-leg to their exchange (it will sell for much more than their target price)
- Checked and responded to new emails; wrote another buyer about the property I had just visited
- Met a second set of sellers to begin the disclosure paperwork Their house is expected to hit the market in September.
- Dashed to the office to pick up my commission check from a listing that sold on Thursday; picked up the lockbox from that one
- Met a third set of sellers to sign listing documents. A new listing for our inventory-starved area-on the market early July.
- Went back to the first sellers to sign a counter-to-the-counter. We're in contract.
- Made the necessary phone calls to agents; disappointing news for one, happy for the other
- Headed home to scan and email the contract to appropriate parties
- 15 minutes to grab a bite of dinner, then walk to the symphony -- where I promptly fell asleep (well, I closed my eyes but my ears were still working)
I think I like Friday the 13th!